Thursday, May 14, 2009

One Vice...


If there is a depravity that I can be accused of, it is “Shopping”. Like most women, I just love to shop. I am a firm believer in the “retail therapy” and know from experience that it is better at stress busting than caffeine or even sugar. I am the happiest when I am trying out new shoes or clothes. Is that a really bad thing? To be so materialistic…can’t be good, right?

The worst thing is that I chide Di for impulsive buying, while I myself am hooked to it. Often I buy clothes just because “it’s a great bargain”! So as a result, my closet is always bursting with clothes that are rarely worn. I have to give away absolutely new clothes to make space for more new clothes!!!

Now if that isn’t stupidity, what is?

Egging me on, is my dear lovable husband. He knows about my fetish for shoes and allows nothing to stand in the way. So every time we are in a market, he offers to buy me new shoes. Every single time!

I have been trying to work on this for the last few months, and am very happy to announce that I have not bought any shoes in the last 2 months. Yippeeeee! I did buy some clothes two weeks back, but the good thing is that I am wearing those.

No comments: