Friday, May 15, 2009

I Am A Dilemma




Hi! I am 6 weeks old. I live in the warm protection of my mother’s womb. Yesterday we went to the doctor’s clinic. To check whether I am a girl or a boy. I don’t know what that means. But it must be something important. My mother wept a lot after the test. I heard my father scream at her for producing “only girls”.

After we went home, there was more screaming and shouting. I barely managed to survive when my mother was slapped and pushed around by my grandmother. They called my mother a worthless bitch who could not give them an heir. They were talking something about carrying on the family name. I don’t know what that means. But again, it must be important.

Later, when my mother was about to fall asleep, my father started talking about “abortion”. He was talking very sweetly to my mother. I was very happy to hear his pleasant voice at that time. He was saying that with his limited income, they could not afford to have another daughter. Though I don’t know what “daughter” is, they already have one, I think. My father mentioned some “wedding expenses”. Then my mother started weeping. I did not understand anything that was being said. But I felt very sad to hear my mother cry.

Today morning, I heard my mother tell my father that she does not want “abortion”. She said something about taking up a job to meet expenses also. Then my father got very angry and started beating her again. I was so scared! I don’t like to hear my parents fighting. I wish I was out there, so that I could help them in some way.

I don’t know why they keep fighting about this “abortion”. Why does my father want it? And why does my mother not want it? I have a feeling that it has something to do with me. Last night, I could hear my mother talking to me. She was promising me that she would not get an abortion.

What do you think will happen? Will my mother be able to have her way? Or will she give in to those beatings and get the abortion? I think she will get it. She does not seem to be very brave…

Can you help my mother?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how sad...