Friday, April 24, 2009
I am absolutely in love with myself. Yes, that makes sense coz I obviously like being how I am...that must be why I am thus. No?
Anyway, loving myself does not mean that I am blind to my negative traits. Like everyone else, I have many negative factors in my personality, which I am trying to identify and enumerate. I will not necessarily be trying to fix them, because the motive is self awareness, and not self change. I am pretty happy being who I am.
1. Cynical: I think I belong to an era where everyone is a cynic. It's just that the extent varies. Di is much less cynical than I am, but my "know-it-all" attitude makes me sooooooo cynical that I will ALWAYS look for an ulterior motive in things people do. I blame the Reality TV shows for making me much more cynical than I was 4 years back!
2. Pessimist: Most of the time, I am looking for problems and not solutions. That makes me a hardcore pessimist, Right?
3. Hypocrite: Sometimes, I am a hypocrite. Most of the times I am not, but in some situations I do give in to middle class hypocrisy!
4. My Way: Oh Yes....I always have to have my way. It's like "my way or the highway". Thankfully, my husband is so accomodating that he lets me be. We are just like Monica and Chandler from Friends. I am rather dominating, I think.
5. Giving Up: I give up too easily. Not because I lack patience or persevarence. But because I hate to lose. When I face a situation where the chances of losing are high, I'll usually give up. No sporstman spirit, huh? BTW, can I call it sportswoman spirit?
Till some time back, I would count "not admitting my mistakes" as one of my personality traits. But i have been working on that. Orkut forums have helped in rectifying that, to an extent. And what is this post, if not a proof of that?
If you know me, and feel you can add to the list, please do so in your comments. I would appreciate that.